I've been making slow but steady progress on my English Paper Piecing ... I've finished the border of colored diamonds, and added a complete row of white-ish diamonds, which is more than a whole-row-around since the picture in my previous post about this quilt project.
The vintage-inspired colorful fabrics still make me smile. I started with some "actual" vintage fabrics, added some reproduction-vintage fabrics, and threw in some regular fabrics that just seem to fit the style! I love it!
I'm thinking I'll add at least two more rows of white-ish diamonds. (The border is a variety of whites & creams, including some solids, some woven-in white-on-white stripes, and some woven-in white-on-white florals.)
After that, since the quilt top will still be so small (right now, it measures 35" x 45"), I'll probably lay the whole thing on a cream-colored background, add something colorful for a border (more diamonds? squares?), and then add batting and backing, and quilt it. That whole procedure should add at least 10 inches to each side, making this a decent lap-sized quilt.
Every time I put anything quilty on the floor, the cat shows up to inspect.
I'm linking this post to this week's Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts, and looking forward to seeing what sorts of English Paper Piecing other quilters have been working on.
In other quilting news, I'm ALWAYS in the middle of multiple quilty projects.
Lately, I have:
- Quilted 2 quilt tops my great-great-grandmother made!
- Finished a Quilt-As-You-Go quilt!
- Made a shirts-and-sheets quilt top - with lots of bright orange! [Update: Sneak peek of that quilt here.]
- Sewn some bits and pieces on my Double Wedding Ring quilt top.
- Almost finished enough leaders-and-enders for a big quilt top!
- Started and finished baby quilts for my two newest nieces! [Update: Blogged about them here.]
- I've also been meaning to share pictures of some quilts I worked on last year but never blogged about! [Update: One finally-blogged finish post here.]
I'm hoping to blog about all of those things soon (the links above are links for blog posts where I started or mentioned those items. Real posts coming soon!)
Not long ago, my son-who's-having-a-birthday-soon suggested that when I finish the quilts I've got started, maybe I can make another quilt for him. (Good thinkin'. After all, I've made each of my girls a jeans quilt AND a patchwork quilt; I've made each of my boys a jeans quilt. Time to make a couple of boy quilts. So. I have a plan for a guy-quilt for my son. Not sure if it'll happen before birthday time, but we'll see.) [Update: I DID make an NFL Quilt, complete with quilted-in FOOTBALLS! Blog post here.]