Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Kaleidoscope Finish!

Several years ago, while expanding my quilt-making horizons (thank you, Internet!), I discovered the wonder that is the Kaleidoscope Quilt. I've been loving kaleidoscope quilts ever since!


The floral fabric for this quilt was actually a twin-sized sheet I bought at a thrift store. It was so pretty, and just the thing for floral kaleidoscopes. In fact, I loved the sheet so much, it didn't even matter to me that I was buying a cotton/polyester blend sheet for quilting. :-) It works. The solid gray and the gray/blue print fabrics are both new, cotton sheets. I love the way the colors work together.


This one's been in progress for several months - see this post from September.


Like most quilt projects, the repetition of sewing piece-after-piece-after-piece gets - well - repetitive, but it's good to see milestones like the ones in this post from November.


I quilted this one all over with my favorite free-motion meander. I love the soft texture the quilting gives.


I've decided that I like little custom-details, like the extra curlicues in the gray border near the bottom of the picture below ...


I love a good kaleidoscope!


This quilt is 51" x 62" ~ my favorite size for a "couch quilt"!


And, here's the back of the quilt.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...