Friday, July 23, 2021

Kaleidoscopes and Mitered Corners

Quilts Revisited ~ So, I've realized that in my quilty blog, there are a ton of projects I've forgotten to blog about. Hence, I'll be posting occasionally in my "Quilts Revisited" series -- projects I'm revisiting because I didn't give them their moment on the blog when I finished them.

Many moons ago, I made a bunch of beautiful kaleidoscope blocks, some of which went into a finished quilt in 2013. The "extra" kaleidoscope blocks just sat waiting for something to do. 


Almost three years ago, the opportunity came to make those extra kaleidoscopes into something new.


I also tried some mitered-corner blocks around the same time, and I brainstormed whether I could use the kaleidoscopes and mitered-corners together ...


After giving it some thought, I decided to put the two together into a reversible quilt. 


Because, after all, I've got so many projects in my head, and it seems like there's not time to make them all!


 And, why have a boring quilt-back if you don't have to? Am I right? I tried a little custom quilting in the borders, which is always fun.



The rest is just my favorite random-meandering free-motion quilting, done on my domestic sewing machine. 


The quilt became a gift to bring a little warmth and cheer to a friend who's had a tough couple of years with health problems and hospitalizations. I guess if I could send a hug through the mail, it would look a lot like a quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...