Saturday, July 17, 2021

Still Quilting ...

It's been a while since I've blogged much, but I've always got projects in the works! 

Every now and then, I realize that I should start a blog series on the topic of "Quilts I Forgot to Blog About!" Or, better yet, "Projects I Forgot to Blog About," since there are plenty of not-quilty projects that are always happening. 

Anyway, just to get started, I thought I'd share some quick photos of my recent and current projects. (After all, where does one start to blog again after an 18-month break?!) Pictures are important to a blog post, so here are a bunch. Any of these may turn up in a longer post soon, but this will be a good way to get back to it. 

In no particular order, here are some quick looks at things I've been doing in the past few months.

Quilts remain a perennial favorite. Each of these projects was special and fun, and I finished all of them in the past year. (Two of them were started long ago, and two were started and finished in just a few months.) I'm hoping they'll each become a blog post soon, but for now, here are some sneak peeks:

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Pastel Calico Quilt ProsperityStuff Quilts: Christmas Tree Quilt

ProsperityStuff Quilts: Calypso-style Tri-Recs Quilt ProsperityStuff Quilts: Gatekeeper-style wedding gift quilt

Crochet projects have kept me busy. There's a crochet group at my church, and we always have several charity projects going. Here are a few of the things I've worked on during the past few months ... a few baby items and lap-sized afghans. It's a great way to put my yarn to good use!

ProsperityStuff: Blue Crochet Baby Cocoon ProsperityStuff: Baby Cupcake Stripe-style afghan

ProsperityStuff: Crochet afghan - modified Granny Square afghan ProsperityStuff: Cupcake Stripe-style crochet afghan

ProsperityStuff: Crochet Granny Square afghanProsperityStuff: Pale Green Crochet Baby Cocoon

As always, there are plants ... some early spring flowers, a few vegetables, tiny succulents in pots, and some summer blooms.

ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- leucojum "Snowbell" ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- deep purple iris

ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- white iris ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- Eastern Gladiolus

ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- Tiny Succulents in Pot ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- Orange Canna with bumblebee

ProsperityStuff: Flowers -- crocosmia, deep orange ProsperityStuff: little veggie harvest

ProsperityStuff: bumblebee enjoying green bean flower

In other news, I usually have some knitting going, and now and then, I remember that I started a massive cross-stitch project two decades ago ...

ProsperityStuff: knit blue striped sock ProsperityStuff: striped sock knitting

ProsperityStuff: cross-stitch alphabet house project

So, that gives you a quick glance at the crafty, quilty stuff I've been up to. As I said, I'm hoping to update the blog more often than I have lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...