Saturday, May 13, 2023

Quilt of Valor Collaboration

As often happens, my friends have inspired me. 

For many years, I've heard of the Quilts of Valor that others have made for local veterans to say “Thank you for your service and sacrifice in serving our nation.” Some of the veterans I know have been awarded a Quilt of Valor. Many of my quilt guild friends have made Quilts of Valor.


Susana Neiger star quilt top for Quilts of Valor

Not long ago, I wanted to try out a new pattern (This one: https://www.joscountryjunction.com/ask-jo-the-christmas-star-quilt-tutorial/ ) and since it was a star design, I thought it would look great done in reds and blues. I figured that if it turned out well, maybe I could donate it as a Quilt of Valor.

Susana Neiger quilt top for Quilts of Valor

I was pleased that the quilt top came together smoothly, and I loved how it turned out. Because I didn't have time to quilt it right away, I asked my quilt guild if I could donate just the quilt top to the Quilts of Valor project.

Susana Neiger star quilt top on clothesline

My quilt-y friends are awesome. Not only was I able to donate just a quilt top, but a mere few weeks later, I saw the quilt top again -- this time beautifully finished with borders and amazing longarm quilting done by one of the quilt guild ladies.

Finished Quilt of Valor collaboration project

This has been a great collaboration for a great cause. And I love this great cause. I've already got two more quilts in progress that have a red, white, blue, star theme going on, so we'll see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...