Monday, May 15, 2023

Ah, Layouts!

Part of the fun of putting quilts together is getting the quilt layouts just so. Getting the color placement right. Adjusting here and there. 


I'm getting to the layout part of this project. The picture above shows 12 blocks placed side by side, but I'm still figuring out whether that's my final layout.


Since this is a quilt-as-you-go project, I quilted each block separately. Then I trimmed them all nice and neat.

Full disclosure: sometimes the designing and layout phase is just ... messy! 🙂

But I think it's coming along. Once I figure out my layout, I'll quilt the next components and start assembling!


When Tuesday comes, I'll be linking this post to this week's "To Do Tuesday," the link party at Quilt Schmilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the other projects that are featured there. 
***Edited to add: I'm still figuring things out: "To Do Tuesday" is probably supposed to list a "To Do" list for my projects, and an update on how the list is going. 
So ... for this one, my next steps are:
    1. Finalize a layout
    2. Cut & Quilt the next components (setting squares and borders)
    3. Trim the newly-quilted squares & borders
    4. Prep the attachment/binding-strips and start attaching components

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love your blocks - so pretty in plaid with those white stars. Good luck with your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a very cozy quilt! Good luck figuring out the layout--I'm sure any way will look good with those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susana your star blocks are pretty and are going to make a beautiful quilt. What fun to see your photos as you figured out your layout. Thank you for sharing and for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...