Wednesday, June 29, 2016

UFOs are coming right along!

This Dresden Plate quilt top has been a special treat to work on. 


It was beautifully hand-pieced by my great-great grandmother, sometime before I was born. My mom inherited the quilt top many years ago, and, more recently, she asked if I would be able to quilt it. 


I'm loving the chance to work on a project that's been a work-in-progress for  so many decades.


I love this gorgeous vintage quilt top, and hope that my quilting will do it justice.


In other news, Hopscotch Butterscotch has some great progress to show: all the blocks & sashings are put together! The borders are prepped! The quilt top is nearly done!


Because I already had lots & lots of 2 ½" pieces cut, but the pattern calls for 2" cut ... I decided to go with the bigger pieces, and just make a bigger quilt.


I'm really glad that Jo's Country Junction is hosting a UFO Challenge ... it's been a great motivator to get progress -- any progress -- happening. I'm linking this post to this week's UFO Challenge.

Check back in a couple days to see my finished Happily Scrappily Irish little quilt.






2 comments:

  1. I agree--this challenge has been a motivator. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing Jo's challenges and I loved doing my Hopscotch, I should get it finished. Your's looks great biggie sized.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...