Friday, July 1, 2016

Little Happily Scrappily Irish

This week, I finished up this little quilt for my newest nephew, who's due to arrive any day now.


It's a small version of Bonnie Hunter's Happily Scrappily Irish, from the book Adventures with Leaders and Enders. Basically, it's a scrappy double Irish Chain quilt.


I was pleased to be able to make this entirely with fabric I already had ... even the backing fabric had been stashed away for an opportune time!


I had fun working with smaller-than-usual pieces: the little squares finish 1½ inches -- usually my smallest squares finish at 2 inches. So these were fun and tiny.



I did an all-over quilting meander, with variegated blue thread.


In the outer border, I quilted overlapping wavy lines, with the same variegated blue thread.


The quilt measures about 42" x 42".

I'm linking this post to today's Finish It Up Friday at CrazyMomQuilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...