Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Little Squares ...

Since I've been cutting up a lot of oxford squares (and since I have a few leftover pieces from the Scrappy Shirt Quilt and the Little Shirt Quilt Top), I've been finding some things to do with them ...


Apparently, it's all the rage to make quilts with vintage sheets. Sounds like a good idea, since so many of them are so pretty. So I've been keeping an eye out for pretty sheets that are in great shape when I'm thrift-shopping. I found this one:


I don't think it qualifies as "vintage", since it seems nearly new. But I love the colors and the tiny print. And it looks great with bits of oxford ...


I decided to revisit the "snowball corners" idea that I used for the boys' window quilt and the mini window quilt ...


So now I'm trying to figure out what to do with these quilt blocks I've started ... 
Whether to spread them out and add some white space ...


... or twist the blocks to make a difference ...


... or create variety within the simplicity ...


So far, the idea in the picture below is winning the auditions: 
White space with snowball-corners in between the sheet-squares with snowball-corners.


So far, so good! More pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...