Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kitchen Towels & Washcloths - made from tablecloths

I halfway-made some kitchen washcloths and towels this week ...

ProsperityStuff Kitchen Towels made from tablecloths

Halfway, because I made towels & washcloths out of tablecloths.

Tablecloth to make into towels & washcloths

The thrift store was having a sale, so I got a couple of tablecloths for a dollar each. (Or was it a dollar fifty? Either way ...)

ProsperityStuff Tablecloth-washcloths

I liked the feel, the weight, the little bit of texture, and the 100%-cotton-ness. And I liked the price!

Recycling a tablecloth into kitchen towels

Not needing any tablecloths, though, and not being able to leave well-enough alone, I decided to make them into kitchen towels and washcloths. (In a previous blog post, I mentioned doing something similar last year. Other kitchen linens are mentioned here and here.)

ProsperityStuff Serger project: kitchen towels

Handy-dandy serged edges for all. 

ProsperityStuff Serger project: kitchen washclothsProsperityStuff Serger project: rolled hem on kitchen linens

I made a half-dozen washcloths AND a half-dozen kitchen towels from EACH tablecloth!

ProsperityStuff reclaimed textiles - tablecloth made into towels

I love my new kitchen towels & washcloths - AND I love the price! Since each tablecloth yielded a dozen items, the price was way better than even the cheapest kitchen linens out there. LOVE IT!

ProsperityStuff kitchen linens





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...