Friday, May 25, 2012

Almost-Invisible Progress

Recently, I've picked up my Vintage-Inspired Diamonds project a few times ... and I've made a little headway - another star, and a ton of little diamonds in the border section.


Here's how it's looking:

If you reeeeeealy closely compare the photo above with last month's photo below, you'll see the differences. 


I'm still loving these fabrics ...


... and the colors ...


... and the edges ...


... and all the diamonds. Yeah. That's a lot of diamonds, but who's counting?!
(Well. After saying that, I had to estimate: There are well over 400 diamonds in this thing. Already. Even I am surprised.)


At its most-finished points, the quilt top is measuring 33" x 30" ... The plan is still to add a lot of white/cream border, and then a row of colored diamonds, and then more white/cream to make it a nice throw size. We'll see.

A little at a time.

It is fun to see the progress that's happened ...

December 13, 2011
January 30, 2012
February 6, 2012
February 15, 2012
February 27, 2012
April 11, 2012 -
mentioned in the April 19, 2012 post 

April 19, 2012

Present day ... :-)

There's a new link party for hand-stitched things, at a blog I follow, so I'll be linking this post there. Take a look at this week's Handmade Parade to see more great projects that are being handmade!

There and Back


2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress. I love that you have photos of each stage. That's probably the only thing that would keep me going!
    Thank you for linking up to The Handmade Parade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am so impressed by the million diamonds. Your projects always make me wanna try some cute little hand piecing. Looks great, as usual. And the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...