Monday, November 7, 2011

A New Pumpkin Mini Quilt

Have I mentioned how fun it is to make mini-quilts? It is! Have I also mentioned that my quilting inspiration often comes from other quilters' ideas & pictures that I find online? Pictures and tutorials and ideas abound. Lately, I've noticed that some quilty bloggers invite quilters to post links to their latest mini-quilt projects ... for example, Elizabeth at Pieceful Life hosts a Little Quilt Monday, so here's a link to this Monday's roundup:
pieceful life: little quilt monday~~~jungle stripes mini quilt

In a previous blog post, I shared about Patchwork Pumpkins ...
Lately, I've been having some more fun with mini-pumpkins.

mini quilt pumpkins

This mini-quilt is going in the mail tomorrow, as a sort of
housewarming present to a dear friend who has recently moved. 

mini quilt pumpkin detail

The quilting was fun and simple -- criss-cross quilting on the pumpkin, and wavy lines in the "white space". 
Each of these little orange squares finishes at less than an inch across ... So tiny!

more mini quilt pumpkin detail

Pumpkins are so "autumn-ish", they remind me how fast time is flying. 
It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is already almost here! 
It's a great reminder to be grateful to God for numberless blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Susie, this is darling and what a wonderful gift : ) Thank you for linking up today at Little Quilt Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...