Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Hexagons Layout

I'm really pleased to have FINISHED the hexagons for the Christmas Quilt! If my calculations are correct, that's 364 hexagons (but who's counting?!)! I'm pleased with how this is turning out!

Susana Neiger - Christmas Hexagons Quilt Top

So, now, it's time for working on layout ...

I've decided to do the solid cream color for the rectangular "background" behind the hexagons. The Christmassy plaid with the metallic gold threads is going to be cut on the bias as a border. More cream for an outer border, I think. Near the top of the photo is the backing fabric, which is a white-on-tan floral, (but it's actually a much darker color than it looks in this picture). 

Susana Neiger - Christmas Hexagons Layout

I'm excited about getting near the end of this project. I'll probably do the assembling and quilting by machine, just to make sure it gets done sooner, rather than later!

[UPDATE: To see the finished product, see this post. ]

I've mentioned this quilt in progress a time or two at Take Your Time Tuesday ~ which is a weekly group of links especially for sewn-by-hand projects. So I'm linking this post to this week's Take Your Time Tuesday at So Happy... 

And, when Wednesday rolls around, I plan to link this post to Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced ... Click the button below to see some other great works in progress!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


5 comments:

  1. This is looking gorgeous! Have you seen the one at Seaside Stitches. She always has wonderful ideas for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I don't think I've ever seen your blog... it looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! i am super impressed with this! the colors are so pretty and the hexies----wow!

    i have a hexie project planned, but not until the new year. too many things on my mind to make right now. christmas gifts mostly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, that is a lot of hexagons, and I know by the one little flower I have together, it's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...