Thursday, August 1, 2013

Double Wedding Ring - Gingham style

I've been trying something new ...


Perhaps inspired by the idea of the Double Wedding Ring Quilting challenge, and definitely inspired by another blogger who's been making a beautiful first-ever Double Wedding Ring quilt ... I've been thinking that if I could make a block, I could probably try making an actual quilt with some batik fabric I just bought ...

So, for starters, I traced templates onto gingham ...


... did some sewing ...


... and some seam-ripping ...


... and got things almost flat, after lots of pressing ...


... and made my version of a Double Wedding Ring quilt block!



 For now, the "block" is round, so I guess I should add "corners" in white to get it ready to join the other gingham blocks in my sampler quilt ...


I'm making this up as I go along, but the plan is to have white sashing between however many gingham blocks I end up making ... So far, the block total is up to 8!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great - I love gingham - first sewing project I ever made in school was a gingham apron! Your sampler quilt is looking beautiful. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...