Thursday, May 12, 2016

UFO Challenge ...

Jo at Jo's Country Junction has a fun quilt-y blog that's among my favorites! Jo is hosting a UFO Challenge - with updates/link parties once a week ... A chance to remind ourselves to put some extra work into "Un-Finished Objects" ... When it comes to quilts, I've got lots of those!

Jo is concentrating on her unfinished projects from a specific designer (Bonnie Hunter!), but I've got some random projects to challenge myself with. I think that counts for the challenge.

Here's a quick rundown ...

This one is up soon ... One Thousand Eight little squares ... The top is done, and I've got a plan in mind for this, so I'd like to finish it soon. It needs borders, quilting & binding. Looks like the last time I blogged about it was almost exactly a year ago - see this post


This little one should finish up quickly ...  It's getting backed with fleece.


This is one wins the prize for the oldest UFO in this list: This amazing Dresden Plate quilt top it was hand-pieced by my great-great grandmother, and I'm quilting it for my mom. The quilting is started. Just need to finish quilting, and bind.


Lego heads quilt was supposed to be done this past Christmas - It'll be backed with fleece; still needs quilting & binding.


Hello Kitty is another late Christmas quilt - It's already quilted onto cozy fleece; just needs binding.


A couple more things I should work on but haven't gotten to lately: projects for me, so I tend to save them for later, since they have no deadlines ...

The Modern Double Wedding Ring ... the middle of the quilt top is almost done, and the borders will be plain.


And the Carpenter's Wheel quilt top that's been done and waiting and waiting to be quilted.


This is by no means an exhaustive list of my UFOs (*cue hysterical laughter*), but it's the list of the ones I'd like to finish pretty soon.

I'm linking this post to Jo's UFO Challenge link party ... hoping that maybe a once-a-week check-in will help motivate me to make a little bit of extra progress, in my little bits of sewing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...