Monday, July 22, 2013

This past week's English Paper Piecing

I love the speed and ease of quilt-piecing on the sewing machine. But I love the portability of hand-sewing, and I love the chance to keep my hands busy making something pretty.

This past week, I snapped a few pictures with my phone while I was sitting and stitching in random spots ...

I spent a little time working on my tiny English-Paper-Pieced flowers when I was outside watching the kids swimming at Grandma's ...


As of Wednesday afternoon, this is how many tiny flowers I had. (For the eventual layout, imagine all the black background space filled with white ...)


I also made a couple flowers when I took one of the kids to a scout meeting ...


And I got out the diamond EPP to pass the time in a waiting room ...


It's nice to have some supplies in a compact format, for convenient handstitching.


The single row of diamonds around the border is coming along great!


Always plenty to do ...


Vintage-Inspired Diamonds ...


Here's where the Diamonds EPP is looking ... 38 new colorful diamonds around the edge, new since last week.


And the Very Tiny EPP flower count is up to 20 - up from 16 three weeks ago.


I'm linking this post to this week's Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts. And I'll be checking the links there for pictures of some other handsewing projects that quilters have been working on during the past week.



2 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty! I especially like the little ones. Don't you feel good about being able to use your time well when you have to be waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty work for this week...your progress is amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...