Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun with Vowels ...

I've been playing with quilty letters ...


I mentioned in another post that I was working on some letters; I've got a project in mind, so I've been auditioning sizes of letters, which of course means making a few, to see how they do.

For size reference, here these are on my cutting board which has inch-marks. I trimmed these squares to 2 ½", so they should finish around 2". That's probably the size I'll be going with.


Whatever design I make will have to have some vowels, so I figure this is a good start!






Every time I see this many vowels listed in order, I can't help remembering that cartoon-caterpillar who sings vowels in order, and backwards, over and over in the OLD animated Disney version of Alice In Wonderland ... is it just me?


Anyway, I've got this great stack of black dotty fabric, a bright white cotton sheet, and a project drawn in my graph-paper-notebook that needs dozens of letters. So, it looks like I've got my work cut out for me! 




1 comment:

  1. Those look great! I was totally AEIOUing in my head, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...