Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Color Splash!

I'm pleased to have finished the "Color Splash" Quilt Top that I mentioned in this post, and this post, and this post.


I had a lot of fun with the crazy-quilty "made fabric", and I like the way the blocks all seem to "float" on the light background.
   
 

A lot of my inspiration came from these awesome quilt pictures at psiquilt.com, and the tutorials on posts like this at 15minutesplay.com

It was a lot of fun to go from my first few blocks, and my first few tries at layout ...

  

...to a lot of finished blocks, and a lot of blocks in a layout ...


... to a finished quilt top! (This thing is huge! 74" x 96"!)

I'm listing it on eBay as a quilt top, so that somebody can buy it and have fun quilting it! Take a look at it at this eBay listing, or check out my whole list of auctions.

The crazy-quilty-look isn't usually my favorite style, but I LOVE the way these crazy-quilt blocks turned out with the color-coordinated scraps turned into a block. I'm definitely planning to do more with this style ... Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...