Monday, June 26, 2017

Kaleidoscope Roses

I love rose print fabrics turned into kaleidoscopes!
This was a long piece of fabric from my mother-in-laws's attic.


When I was trying to figure out how to use this fabric, I realized how long it's been since I've made kaleidoscopes.


To make hexagonal kaleidoscopes, six layers of fabric are laid with the printed design exactly matching, and then 60° triangles are cut, so that six identical triangles result.


I gave myself permission to be not-quite exact, knowing how hard it is to get exactly identical triangles out of fabric that might have shrunk, or stretched, or printed funny. I've discovered that perfectionism on kaleidoscopes is time-consuming and frustrating, and isn't necessary for a pleasing result. :-)

So, this has been a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...