Saturday, July 28, 2012

Roses

Since it's Saturday, and since I like to do flower-related posts on weekends, I'm posting about some  flowers I enjoyed last weekend. 

Disclaimer: I did NOT grow any of the flowers in this post - (Haha!) 
But I DID have fun doing some flower-arranging! 
And I DID take a few pictures in the process!

Wedding Bouquet - Red roses

I mentioned that one of my husband's brothers got married last week. Since we were trying to be available to help with whatever we could on the day before the wedding, I was in the right place at the right time to get to help with flowers. 

Wedding flowers! Dozens upon dozens of fresh, long-stemmed red roses! 

These are the bridesmaids' bouquets (below), all grouped together ...

Bridesmaids' Bouquets - Red roses

Two of my husband's sisters had been making corsages and boutonnieres that morning, so in the afternoon, they were making bouquets ... that's what I got to help with. I'm pretty new to the whole flower-arranging thing, so I was glad my sisters-in-law let me help and learn.

Bridesmaids' Bouquets - detail

The bride's bouquet (both pictures below) was my favorite of the rose creations we worked on, and, if I do say so myself, it turned out lovely!

Bride's Bouquet - Red roses, satin ribbon

Beautiful flowers for an even more beautiful wedding! It was really special to be able to help a little with their special day. 

Bride's Bouquet - Red roses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...