So ... I started getting hexagons ready: tacking fabric around cardstock hexagons. And I kept making more, and more, and more hexagons.
Yeah. That's a lotta hexagons.
I got busy ironing them. Taking out the cardstock. Ironing on some "Heat-n-bond" to make them into iron-ons.
This is the idea I'm going for - hexagons extending up one side of a big gray-green expanse. These hexagons aren't sewn on yet.The good news is, they're ready to sew on. After I iron them into place.
I've decided that this is a fun way to "piece" a quilt top. Feels too easy, since piecing is usually a matter of a ton of rotary-cutting and machine-sewing. This was a lot of scissor-cutting and hand-stitching. It's been fun, and it's a nice change.
We'll see if I'm still having fun when I machine-stitch all these hexagons down and then free-motion-quilt the big expanse of gray-green ...
Anyhoo, while I was on a roll, I decided I should ALSO start a similar one in another color scheme. More on that another day ...
Since it's Friday, I'm linking this post to: