Friday, December 2, 2011

"Made Fabric" circles, Christmas Quilt progress

Lately ... I'm working on more crazy-quilty "made fabric". Fun! The other blocks I made were giant 12" blocks, so these small ones (less than 6") were really fast and fun. 

Here they are before trimming ...
ProsperityStuff Quilt Made Fabric blocks

And after trimming ... aren't they cute?
ProsperityStuff Quilt Made Fabric Circles

I'll probably make a few more in different sizes, and then applique them on a neutral background. I don't have a lot of experience with applique, so I'm thinking about the merits of a couple of simple applique methods I've found ...  The cookie crumbs one at 15minutesplay's blog ... and the one that I saw SOMEwhere a long time ago, something like this dryer sheet idea ...

In other news ...
The Christmas hexagon quilt is getting there ...
Here's the background, all ready ...
ProsperityStuff Quilt Christmas Background

Aaaaand, this is the hexagon portion just laid on top ... need to baste/pin, add batting, backing ... I'm excited that it's almost done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...