Thursday, June 21, 2018

Whatever Wednesday ... on Thursday ... Whatever!

One of my favorite blogs has a link party to report progress on projects. It used to be just for quilts ("UFO Challenge"); now it's for whatever sorts of projects are in progress ("Whatever Wednesday"). The link party is a great reminder to keep little bits of progress happening!!

I'm late posting, since it's no longer Wednesday, but here goes:

I've been trying to finish some quilting projects. This is good, because I'm constantly brainstorming new ways to use up fabric scraps (read: I'm constantly starting new projects!).

This week, I finally finished quilting the 1008 Squares quilt. 
I even cut binding for it yesterday, and put the binding on today! 

 

I started this one a long time ago. 
I blogged about starting it over three years ago. 
It quickly progressed to being a quilt top
More recently, it finally got borders
And, and it feels good to be getting it done. I'm loving the striped binding!

Also, in the past few days, I finished assembling the pumpkins part of the Pumpkins quilt top.


(The Pumpkins quilt was previously blogged here and  here.) The first border is on. Next up: the patchwork border! 


To make this a reversible quilt, my super-scrappy rendition of "Connect Four" (blogged here) is ready to be the quilt back. It still needs a plain border to bring it up to size. 

And, in my neverending quest to sew up some of my fabric, I started some 25-patches in muted colors. Lots of little squares!

 

So, that's my quick rundown of (some of) what I've been working on.
I'm linking this post to this week's "Whatever Wednesday" at Jo's Country Junction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...