Saturday, February 4, 2017

Weather: a month in quilt

The weather quilt is coming along! One of the nice things about this project is that it's easy to catch up if I get behind!

I've been keeping a daily high-temperature list, and translating that into fabrics, usually a week at a time. (See my previous posts here, here, and here about this quilt.)

Here are the first 5 weeks of the year, temp-quilt style. (The rows are supposed to be horizontal, but the photo came out better this way.)


Here's the basic rundown - each day's color is based on that day's high temperature:

30°s: Purples
40°s: Navy Blues
50°s: Blues
60°s: Turquoises
70°s: Greens
80°s: Yellows
90°s: Oranges
100°s: Reds

Using a basic color for each high-temperature range lets me use a variety of fabrics (scraps!) that I already have (yay!) AND has the advantage of making this look "scrappy" and "quilt-y", which is just what I want.

Here's the quilt all scrunched up for a close(er) look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...