This past week, I didn't make any new tiny flowers. (Nor did I sew any vintage diamonds!) But I did stitch some tiny flowers into usable "groups" of two flowers plus two white hexagons.
I'm still not sure what order the flowers will go in, or exactly how many more I'll make, so putting the flowers into groups is a step in the right direction, while still giving me the flexibility to rearrange.
When I was sitting with these flowers in my lap, I asked one of the kids for my tape measure. Apparently, Dad's tape measures were easier to find than Mom's, since this is the tape measure I promptly got. :-) So - this layout is about 8 inches wide already! With a few white hexagons around the sides, and another row or two of hexagon flowers, I should have an 8" x 10" frame full of tiny hexagons soon!
I'll be linking this post to this week's Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts, which is one of the blogs that continually inspires my English Paper Piecing.
I tried writing this post with the Blogger app on my phone ... but it wouldn't publish. And then it disappeared. Now, as I type this (on the computer), it's showing up on my phone's blogger app. So ... if a similar post (or three) turns up later on, that's why.