Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pansies!



Apparently, where I live, it's really handy to buy already-blooming pansies from the store in the fall. Once planted, the pansies somehow survive the winter and show up blooming again in the spring.


Sounds like a great idea, but I'm pretty sure I've never bought pansies. (At least not any that survived.)
And I'm really sure I never thought about growing pansies from seeds. 
(Around here, who does that?)


Until last year. When I was buying seeds from cheapseeds.com. I couldn't resist trying their package of 2,000 pansy seeds for only three or four dollars. Gotta be worth a try, right?



So, I bought cheap seeds, and planted lots.


Once again, the story of so many of last year's seeds: I planted pansy seeds last year in the spring. Had leaves in the summer. In the fall. In the winter.


We had a nice, mild winter, and, lo and behold, I've been getting pansy flowers all spring!


I'm loving it!

These pictures were taken at various times in the last few months.



 I really like the random splashes of color the clumps of pansies give.


I love to watch the sun filter through the leaves and flowers.


I'm so, so glad God thought of flowers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...