Friday, March 9, 2012

Tiny Trash Can

Several weeks ago, I saw a post about a tiny trash can on one of my favorite quilting blogs. When I saw the idea there, I decided that making one of those would solve my problem of all those little threads and fabric snips that pile up (or fall on the floor ...) when I'm handsewing.


Since I had some favorite fabrics left over from my Green Kaleidoscopes Quilt, I decided to give it a try. Mine's not quite as neat and tidy as Amanda Jean's, but I love it, and it can squash into my handsewing bag with no problem!


More recently, I came across a picture of a fabric bucket that looks like a bigger version of this one ... so, I'm getting inspired to maybe try a big version sometime. But for now, I'm enjoying the cute tiny-ness of the little bitty fabric "trash can" that's just right for all those threads and fabric bits! 


1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! It's the tiniest little trash can I"ve ever seen! I saw Amanda Jean's post on her little trash can too, and I made a nice quilted cover for mine.
    Happy Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...